The Medical Review (MR) mission is to reduce supplier billing errors and ensure that Medicare claims are paid correctly while maintaining the Medicare Program integrity. To reduce claim submission (coverage/coding) and payment errors, and increase timely payments, data is gathered and errors are identified and addressed. It is our philosophy to educate early and often; therefore, the MR and Provider Outreach and Education (POE) team creates coverage and guideline related articles, informational materials, and provide education on claims denied through MR and/or other review contractors. View the CMS Medical Review and Education webpage for details.
Medical Record Reviews
- Claim Review Preparation - When a claim requires additional information, Noridian sends a supplier an Additional Documentation Request (ADR) letter requesting supporting claim information. Access documentation preparation, ADR response, and MR decision details
- Medical Record Review Notifications and Results - View details about Service Specific Post-Payment Reviews and/or Pre-Payment Reviews used to determine extent of potential problem areas across multiple suppliers and monitor corrective action measures implemented to reduce improper payments
- Non-Medical Record Review Notifications and Results - View details about Non-Medical Record reviews used to determine extent of potential problem areas across multiple DME product classifications and to monitor corrective action measures implemented to reduce improper payments
- Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) - View information on TPE review process
- Advance Determination of Medicare Coverage (ADMC) - View information about voluntary program that allows suppliers and beneficiaries to request prior approval of "eligible" items before item delivery
- Prior Authorization - View details on Power Mobility Device (PMD) Prior Authorization and Required Programs
- Other Review Contractors - Multiple CMS contractors complete reviews of medical records. This includes Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) Contractor, Recovery Auditor (RA) Contractor, and many more. View details
Last Updated Mar 05, 2018
CPT and ADA End User License Agreement for Providers
NOTE: Should you have landed here as a result of a search engine (or other) link, be advised that these files contain material that is copyrighted by the American Medical Association. You are forbidden to download the files unless you read, agree to, and abide by the provisions of the copyright statement. Read the copyright statement now and you will be linked back to here.
CPT codes, descriptors and other data only are copyright 2018 American Medical Association (or such other date of publication of CPT). All Rights Reserved. Applicable FARS/DFARS apply.