Reason Code 31 - JD DME
Reason Code: 31
|Reason Code: 31||Patient cannot be identified as our insured.|
Common Reasons for Denial
- Incorrect Medicare number was submitted on the claim.
- Beneficiary is not enrolled in Medicare.
- Check eligibility for beneficiary in Noridian Medicare Portal or the IVR
- Correct and resubmit as a new claim.
How to Avoid Future Denials
- If the record on file is incorrect, the beneficiary's family/estate must contact Social Security to have records corrected at 800-772-1213
Last Updated Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:31:28 +0000