Article Detail - JE Part B
2020 ICD-10 Local Coverage Determinations (LCD) and Local Coverage Article (LCA) Updates
This Local Coverage Determination (LCD) has been revised under contractor numbers: 01112 (NCA), 01182 (SCA), 01212 (AS, GU, HI, and NMI), and 01312 (NV). All LCD LCAs are titled with “Billing and Coding: LCD title”.
Medicare Coverage Database (MCD) Number: L34215 and A57689
LCD Title: Lab: Flow Cytometry
Effective Date: October 1, 2020
Summary of Changes: This LCA has been updated to add three diagnosis codes missed with the last update effective on March 17, 2020.
- D48.61 - Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of right breast,
- D4862 - Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of left breast, and
- D84.0 - Lymphocyte function antigen-1 [LFA-1] defect
Also, this LCA has been updated to add, revise and remove the following ICD-10 codes effective for dates of service on or after October 1, 2020.
- New/Revised ICD-10 codes
- Revised D57.412 - Sickle-cell thalassemia with splenic sequestration changed to Sickle-cell thalassemia, unspecified, with splenic sequestration
- Added D57.03, D57.09, D57.213, D57.218, D57.42, D57.431, D57.432, D57.433, D57.44, D57.451, D57.452, D57.453, D57.458, D57.813, D57.818, D72.110, D72.111, D72.118, D72.12, D72.18, D72.19, D84.81, D84.821, D84.822, D84.89, D89.831, D89.832, D89.833, D89.834, D89.835, M08.0A, M08.2A, T86.8401, T86.8402, T86.8403, T86.8411, T86.8412, T86.8413, T86.8421, T86.8422, T86.8423, T86.8481, T86.8482 and T86.8483
- Deleted ICD-10 codes
- D72.1 - Eosinophilia, and
- D84.8 - Other specified immunodeficiencies
Visit the Noridian Website to view all LCDs and LCAs or access it via the CMS MCD.
Last Updated Wed, 23 Sep 2020 17:56:04 +0000