Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) - JE Part B
Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) Claim Identifier (CID) Status Unavailable
Due to an application transition, the CERT department and Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) will be unable to provide the current status of CIDs from January 12, 2021 through January 18, 2021. All provider and supplier inquires may be addressed after this time frame.
The CERT phone line is temporarily unavailable, please email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT)
Since 1996, CMS implemented several initiatives to prevent improper payments. CMS' goal is to reduce payment errors by identifying and addressing billing errors concerning coverage and coding. The CERT program is one of the programs created by CMS to assist in eliminating improper payments.
Access the below information from this page.
CERT Program Basics
- CERT Requests, Response Timeline and Noridian Communication
- Provider Corrective Actions
- Provider Mailing Addresses and Points of Contact for CERT Requests
- Respond to a CERT ADR Letter
Billing and Documentation Help for Identified Errors
- 99211 and Incident To
- Ambulance Services
- CERT Documentation Requests Impacted by a Disaster
- Dear Ordering/Referring Physician Letter [PDF]
- Dual-Chamber Cardiac Pacemaker Insertion Billing
- International Normalized Ratio Home Monitoring
- Laboratory Orders Must be Submitted Within 12 Months of Order
- Laboratory Services: Incorrect Billing Identified
- Major Joint Replacement for Hip and Knee – Documenting Medical Necessity
- Physician Impact on Laboratory Service Providers
- Physician's Orders for Diagnostic Laboratory Tests
- Prevent a No Documentation CERT Finding
- Psychotherapeutic Services and Documentation Requirements
- Records Submission for Specific Patients
- Surgical Pathology Medical Documentation Letter [PDF]
- Teaching Physician Services and Modifier GC
Last Updated Fri, 13 Aug 2021 18:21:26 +0000
Follow standard appeals process and submit request to Noridian.
AdvanceMed - CERT Review Contractor
CERT Documentation Center
1510 East Parham Road
Henrico, VA 23228
Phone: 443-663-2699 or 888-779-7477
CMS CERT Team
Mail Stop C3-02-16
7500 Security Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21244