Medicare provides coverage under Part B for various outpatient therapy services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech language therapy. These services must be furnished by qualified professionals under an established plan of care. Such therapy services are subject to co-insurance, deductibles and an annual financial limitations cap.
Access the below outpatient therapy related information from this page.
- Certifying Physician: Identify for Claim Processing
- Incident To Clarification for OPPS and CAH Outpatient
- Multiple Procedure Payment Reduction (MPPR) for Selected Therapy Services
- Outpatient Physical Therapy (OPT) Reciprocal Billing Arrangements and Fee-For-Time Compensation
- Outpatient Therapy Certification Plan of Care
- Outpatient Therapy Functional Reporting G-codes for Multiple Disciplines
- Outpatient Therapy Services and Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage (ABN) Use
- Rehabilitation Delivery Methods
- Related Latest Updates Articles
- Therapy Cap
- Therapy Evaluative Procedure Codes
- Therapy Non-Payable HCPCS Codes
- CMS Annual Therapy Update
- CMS Functional Reporting
- CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Medicare Benefit Policy Manual, Publication 100-02, Chapter 15, Section 220 and 230 - Coverage for PT, OT and SLP
- CMS IOM, Publication 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 5 - Billing Part B Outpatient Rehabilitation
- CMS Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Special Edition (SE)1307 - Therapy Functional Reporting Requirements
- CMS Multiple Procedure Payment Reduction (MPPR) [ZIP]
Last Updated Jul 28, 2017
The below are topic specific articles which have been published to "Latest Updates" and sent out in Noridian emails within the past two years. Exclusions to this include time sensitive related announcements such as: Noridian and CMS educational events, Ask-the-Contractor Teleconferences and claims processing downtime.