Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC)
Facility services furnished by ASCs in connection with certain surgical procedures are covered under Part B. To receive coverage of and payment for its services under this provision, a facility must be certified as meeting the requirements for an ASC and enter into a written agreement with CMS.
Covered ASC Facility Services
- Nursing Services, Services of Technical Personnel, and Other Related Services
- Use by the Patient of the ASC Facilities
- Drugs, Biologicals, Surgical Dressings, Supplies, Splints, Casts, Appliances, and Equipment
- Diagnostic or Therapeutic Items and Services
- Administrative, Recordkeeping, and Housekeeping Items and Services
- Blood, Blood Plasma, Platelets, etc., Except Those to Which Blood Deductible Applies
- Materials for Anesthesia
- Intraocular Lenses (IOLs)
An item or service separately covered under Medicare is not considered an ASC service, which include but are not limited to physician's services, prosthetic devices, and ambulance services.
Last Updated Dec 04, 2017
The below are topic specific articles which have been published to "Latest Updates" and sent out in Noridian emails within the past two years. Exclusions to this include time sensitive related announcements such as: Noridian and CMS educational events, Ask-the-Contractor Teleconferences and claims processing downtime.