Interactive Voice Response (IVR) - JE Part B
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Access the below IVR related information from this page.
- Call-in Tips
- Authentication Elements
- Touch Tone Feature for Entering Letters
- Route Call in the Right Direction
- IVR Guide
- General IVR inquiries available 24/7
- Claim-specific inquiries available: Monday-Saturday 4 a.m. - 7 p.m. PT for CA, Monday-Friday 4 a.m. - 9 p.m. PT for HI, NV, AS, GU and MP, Saturday - 4 a.m. - 7 p.m. PT for HI, NV, AS, GU and MP
- It is important that callers listen to the IVR prompts as they will provide navigational instructions
- Call from a quiet environment using a telephone with a handset or headset
- Use of speaker phones and cell phones is not recommended
- Speak clearly and naturally into telephone
- Bypass upfront messaging by saying "Main Menu" or pressing # key on telephone keypad
- Selections may be keyed or spoken without waiting for entire prompt to play
- Say "Main Menu" at any time to go back to beginning of call flow
- If IVR is having difficulty with information as spoken, try keying information with telephone keypad
- Enter full Medicare number
If callers prefer to avoid the voice-recognition option offered from the IVR, use the IVR Conversion Tool to assist in determining the touch-tone data-entry.
To ensure that calls flow as quick and as productive as possible, be prepared with the below information. Depending on the inquiry and department, additional authentication details will be necessary. Failure to provide the IVR with all necessary information may result in inaccurate or incomplete returned results.
|Provider Details||Beneficiary Details|
To enter a numeric value, use the corresponding number on telephone keypad. The three-key combination works as follows.
- Select *(star) key
- Select key on telephone keypad which contains letter
- Select key which represents position of letter on keypad
- Example: PTAN 55t551 Key Entry: 55*81551
- A *21
- B *22
- C *23
- D *31
- E *32
- F *33
- G *41
- H *42
- I *43
- J *51
- K *52
- L *53
- M *61
- N *62
- O *63
- P *71
- Q *72
- R *73
- S *74
- T *81
- U *82
- V *83
- W *91
- X *92
- Y *93
- Z *94
All calls begin at the Main Menu where a caller is immediately able to choose the desired customer service area, from below table, in which to direct his/her inquiry to. NOTE: The touch tone options are not provided during this initial prompt, so it is best to have this information ready when calling.
During Noridian business hours, callers may say "operator," or press "0" (zero) to be transferred to a Customer Service Representative when the IVR is unable to complete the desired inquiry and/or there are still questions about the information it did provide. See the "Contacts" webpage for Provider Contact Center hours of operation.
When navigating within the IVR, callers may speak "Main Menu" to return to this high-level menu option.
Open All Listings | Close All Listings
Verbal Response: General | Touch Tone Response: 1
Future eligibility dates are not accepted.
Verbal Response: Eligibility| Touch Tone Response: 1
|Submenu Item||Verbal Option||Touch Tone Option|
Verbal Response: Claim Status | Touch Tone Response: 2
Additional Provider Authentication Elements
- Patient Medicare number
- Start and end date of service
- Patient name as it appears on Medicare card
At any time, caller may:
- Change Medicare number, NPI, or PTAN number
|Claim Status Provides||Caller Must Say "Details" to Hear|
Verbal Response: Financials | Touch Tone Response: 3
|Submenu Item||Verbal Response||Touch Tone Response|
Verbal Response: Patient Code Pricing | Touch Tone Response: 4
Verbal Response: EDI | Touch Tone Response: 2
Is the call related to the Noridian Medicare Portal registration or password assistance?
- Say Yes - Caller will be transfered to User Security department
- Say No - Caller will be asked if his/her inquiry is general or password related
- Say General for general EDI questions
- Say Passwords for EDI passwords
NOTE: Vendors who do not have a specific NPI or PTAN available, say Agent to speak with a representative.
Verbal Response: Enrollment | Touch Tone Response: 3
Is caller calling to obtain EDI Trading Partner or Submitter ID?
- Say Yes - Caller will be transfered to EDI department
- Say No - Caller will be asked if his/her inquiry is regarding mailing addresses, application fees, or application status information
- Say Yes - Caller will be directed to website for additional information based on his/her selection
- Say No - Caller must provide the Provider Authentication Elements
NOTE: If caller does not have a specific PTAN assigned, he/she must state whether call is related to Part A or Part B.
Verbal Response: Reopenings | Touch Tone Response: 4
This is for Medicare Part B claims only.
Caller must provide Provider Authentication Elements and Internal Control Number (ICN) of claim he/she wishes to reopen.
Verbal Response: User Security | Touch Tone Response: 5
This selection is for calls related to Direct Data Entry (DDE), Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) registration, or password assistance.
- CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-09, Medicare Contractor Beneficiary and Provider Communications Manual, Chapter 6
Last Updated Mon, 12 Apr 2021 19:39:02 +0000