Article Detail - JE Part B
Diabetes: Recommend Preventive Services
In 2019, 27.5% of Medicare Fee-for-Service patients had a diagnosis of diabetes (see data snapshot (PDF)). National Diabetes Month is the perfect time to talk with your patients about their risk factors, and recommend preventive services to detect, prevent, and treat diabetes.
- Diabetes screening
- Diabetes self-management training
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program
- Medical nutrition therapy
Find out when your patient is eligible (PDF) for diabetes screenings and the Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program. If you need help, contact your eligibility service provider.
- Medicare Diabetes Self-Management Training (PDF) fact sheet
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program Expanded Model (PDF) booklet
- Diabetes screenings, diabetes self-management training, Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program, and nutrition therapy services: Get information for your patients
- CMS MLN Connects dated November 3, 2022
Last Updated Thu, 03 Nov 2022 14:10:02 +0000