Hemodialysis Frequency Coverage Article Retirement - Effective February 28, 2019
The following JE Local Coverage Article (LCA) has been retired under contractor 01112 (NCA), 01182 (SCA), 01212 (AS, GU, HI, NMI) and 01312 (NV).
Medicare Coverage Database Number: A53838
Article Title: Hemodialysis Frequency
Effective Date: February 28, 2019
Summary: This article will be retired and replaced with the Local Coverage Determination (LCD) Frequency of Hemodialysis, L37502 with the related article A55675, Coding for Hemodialysis Sessions. The effective date of the LCD and the new coding article is March 1, 2019.
The article will continue to be viewable in the Active Website and will display a Retirement Date "Anticipated 02/28/2019". After this date, the article will move to the Retired Article section of the Medicare Coverage Database.
Access the Noridian Retired coverage articles from our website, follow the instructions below.
- Go to Medicare Coverage Articles
- The End User Agreement for Providers will appear if you have not recently visited the website. Select "Accept" (if necessary).
- Select the state of interest in the table under "Retired Articles."
- This link will redirect you to the CMS website.
- Locate the above-listed CMS Medicare Coverage Database (MCD) number and article title and select the title of interest.
Last Updated Feb 22, 2019