Implantable Automatic Defibrillators - Coding and Billing
The following Noridian coverage requirements for National Coverage Determination (NCD) 20.4 - Implantable Automatic Defibrillators – Coding and Billing has been published for notice under contract numbers 01112 (NCA), 01182 (SCA) and 01212 (AS, GU, HI, NMI), 01312 (NV) in the CMS Medicare Coverage Database (MCD) and on our (Noridian) website.
NCD: Implantable Automatic Defibrillators – Coding and Billing - 20.4
Article Summary: The National Coverage Determination (NCD) 20.4, Implantable Automatic Defibrillators was revised with an effective date of February 15, 2018. The CMS A/B Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) have been instructed to implement the NCD at the local level. The article provides coding and billing instructions for the implementation of NCD 20.4.
Implementation Date: March 26, 2019
View this Future National Coverage Determination (NCD) Article.
- Go to Noridian Medicare Coverage Articles webpage.
- The End User Agreement for Providers will appear if you have not recently visited the website. Select "Accept" (if necessary).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the webpage and select your state under the Future column.
- This takes you to the CMS MCD where you select Future.
- Locate/select the above listed article.
To view a complete list of all CMS NCDs available, go to National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) Alphabetical Index.
Last Updated Feb 21, 2019