Article Detail - JE Part B
Mental Health Help: Address Disparities
Depression affects about 16 million American adults every year. Frequency varies by age, sex, race, ethnicity, and geographic area. During Mental Health Month, learn about preventive services, including depression screening and alcohol misuse screening & counseling, and find out how to advance health equity.
Medicare covers preventive services, and your patients pay nothing if you accept assignment. Learn how to check eligibility (PDF) for preventive services. If you need help, contact your eligibility service provider.
- Medicare Mental Health booklet
- Achieving Health Equity web-based training
- Roadmap to Behavioral Health (PDF)
- CMS Behavioral Health Strategy webpage
- Preventive & Screening Services webpage: Get information for your patients
- Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) User Manual Eligibility Inquiries
- NMP Eligibility Tutorial (on YouTube; some advertisements may appear)
Source: CMS MLN Connects, dated May 19, 2022
Last Updated Fri, 10 Nov 2023 17:42:06 +0000