Article Detail - JE Part B
Modifiers JW and JZ for Use with Drugs and Biologicals in Single-Use Containers
CMS has updated their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for using the JW and JZ modifiers for Medicare Part B discarded drugs and biologicals from single-dose containers or single-use packages.
- If you didn’t discard any of the drug: Report the JZ modifier on the claim starting no later than July 1, 2023
- If you discarded any of the drug, continue to:
- Report the JW modifier on the claim
- Document the discarded amount in the patient’s medical record
CMS will use the JW and JZ modifiers to calculate discarded drug refunds.
- CMS MLN Connects dated January 12, 2023
CMS Discarded Drugs and Biologicals - JW Modifier and JZ Modifier Policy Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Last Updated Tue, 31 Jan 2023 16:43:31 +0000