CERT A/B MAC Outreach & Education Task Force
The CERT A/B MAC Outreach & Education Task Force is a joint collaboration of the Part A/B Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) to communicate national issues of concern regarding improper payments to the Medicare program.
By partnering together to educate Medicare providers on widespread topics affecting most providers, the group has the shared goal of reducing the national improper payment rate as measured by the CERT program. The education is intended to complement, not replace, ongoing efforts of CMS, the Medicare Learning Network (MLN), and the MACs individual error-reduction activities within its jurisdictions.
CERT Task Force Articles and Resources
- 2017 CERT A/B MAC Outreach & Education Task Force
- Caring for Medicare Patients is a Partnership - June 2016
- CERT Documentation - CMS Provider Minute: The Importance of Proper Documentation
- Complying With Medical Record Documentation Requirements Fact Sheet
- Complying with Documentation Requirements for Laboratory Services - August 2016
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs): Improving Documentation Positively Impacts CERT (Web-based Training)
- Inpatient Skilled Nursing Facility Denials
- MAC Assistance with CERT Process - CMS Provider Minute: Utilizing Your MAC - February 2018
Last Updated May 14, 2018