Timely Filing - JE Part B
|CO-29||The time limit for filing has expired.|
|N211||Alert: You may not appeal this decision.|
Common Reasons for Message
- Claim is billed later than one calendar year from date of service (DOS)
- Illegible DOS on CMS 1500 Claim Form
- Verify DOS submitted is correct
- If the DOS was incorrect, submit a new claim with corrected DOS
Claim Submission Tips
- A claim denied for timely filing is not afforded appeal rights.
- If claim is submitted later than one year after the DOS because of a government agency administrative error, include an appropriate comment in Item 19 of the CMS 1500 Claim Form or the electronic equivalent.
- Additional information on the Timely Filing webpage.
- Noridian's optical character recognition (OCR) may misread handwritten claims, as they are difficult to read. To ensure accurate processing of claims, Noridian recommends claims be typed, not handwritten. Be sure to follow Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) printing standards:
Last Updated Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:59:42 +0000