Electronic Health Records (EHR) - JE Part B
Electronic Health Records (EHR)
The Noridian Provider Contact Center (PCC) does not have access to specific EHR standings. To acquire this information, contact the EHR Incentive Program Information Center at 1-888-734-6433 or Teletypewriter (TTY) 1-888-734-6563.
Electronic Health Records (EHR) is an electronic version of a patient's medical history that is maintained by the provider over time, and may include all key administrative clinical data relevant to that persons care under a particular provider, including:
- Examination findings
- Laboratory data
- Past medical history
- Procedures performed as documented in the EHR
- Progress notes
- Radiology reports
- Vital signs
EHR automates access to information and has the potential to streamline the clinician's workflow. It also can support other care-related activities directly or indirectly through various interfaces, including evidence-based decision support, quality management, and outcomes reporting.
EHR will provide incentive payments to Eligible Professionals (EPs), hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) as they adopt, implement, upgrade or demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHR technology (CEHRT). For 2015 and later, Medicare EPs who do not successfully demonstrate meaningful use will have a payment adjustment to their Medicare reimbursement. The payment reduction starts at 1% and increases each year that a Medicare EP does not demonstrate meaningful use, to a maximum of 5%.
Attestation deadlines for an EHR reporting period to avoid the 2018 payment adjustment for returning EPs was March 13, 2017. First time EPs who have not demonstrated meaningful use successfully in a prior year have until October 1, 2017 to attest or apply for the one-time hardship exception - if they are transitioning to MIPS (Medicare Part B) in 2017.
Contact the Enrollment Call Center (ECC) for assistance with attesting to certain providers or sole proprietors. ECC will verify that the information in the Provider Enrollment Chain and Operating System (PECOS) make updates if incorrect.
EPs able to complete EHR include:
- Physicians (primarily doctors of medicine and doctors of osteopathy)
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified nurse-midwives
- Physician assistants who furnish services in a Federally Qualified Center or Rural Health Clinic that is led by a physician assistant
Dates to Remember
|January 1 - December 31, 2017||
|July 1, 2017||
|October 1, 2017||
|February 28, 2018||
- CMS CAH EHR Incentive Payment Calculations
- CMS CAH Method II Physician Participation Fact Sheet
- CMS CAH Payment Adjustment and Hardship Exception Tipsheet
- CMS EHR Incentive Programs
- CMS Educational Resources
- CMS Eligible Hospital and CAH Meaningful Use Table of Contents Core and Menu Set Objectives
- CMS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- CMS Getting Started
- CMS Medicare EHR Incentive Payments for Eligible Professionals
- CMS Payment Adjustments & Hardship Information
- CMS Preparing to Participate in the EHR Incentive Programs in 2015 through 2017 - Registration and Attestation Checklists
- CMS Program Basics
Last Updated Fri, 21 Feb 2020 12:03:43 +0000