GA - JE Part B
Waiver of liability statement issued as required by payer. An Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage (ABN) has been provided to the patient.
- Append when ABN provided and denial expected on an item or service as it is not reasonable and necessary
- Append when ABN provided and provider determines services will not be covered based on an active Local Coverage Determination (LCD)
- Append when ABN provided and if Medicare determines that service is not payable, claim denial is under a "medical necessity denial"
- Appending when provider has no expectation that an item or service will be denied
- Appending on a routine basis for all services performed by provider
- CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-04, Medicare Claims Process Manual, Chapter 1, Section 60.4.2
- CMS Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Matters (MM)6563
Last Updated Wed, 26 May 2021 17:26:03 +0000