GX - JE Part B
Voluntary liability notice was issued.
The GX modifier is used to report that a voluntary Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage (ABN) has been issued to the beneficiary before/upon receipt of their Part B procedure/service because it is statutorily noncovered or does not meet the definition of a Medicare benefit.
- Append when services are submitted with non-covered charges only
- Append when the definition is "Notice of Liability Issued, Voluntary Under Payer Policy" and is to be used to report when a voluntary ABN was issued for a service
- May report GX in combination with GY modifier.
- Do not append to claims when an ABN has not been issued
- Do not append to claims for items that are not considered statutorily excluded or that meet a defined benefit category
Last Updated Mon, 31 Oct 2022 19:40:40 +0000