Article Detail - JF Part B
Billing and Coding: Routine Foot Care - R2
This coverage article has been revised and published for notice under contract numbers: 02102 (AK), 02202 (ID), 02302 (OR), 02402 (WA), 03102 (AZ), 03202 (MT), 03302 (ND), 03402 (SD), 03502 (UT), and 03602 (WY).
Effective Date: June 29, 2020
Summary of Article: The following updates were made to this article.
- Under the ICD-10 Codes that Support Medical Necessity Group 1 Paragraph, added the word 'painful' to the following statement "(For treatment of painful mycotic nails, or onychogryphosis, or onychauxis, see Group 5)."
- Clarified the timeframe the patient must have seen their treating physician for the asterisked DX code in the ICD-10 Codes that Support Medical Necessity Group 2, 3 and 4 sections.
- Added MLN Matters® Number: SE1113 and the SSA 1833(e) reference to the CMS National Coverage Policy section.
Added the following diagnosis codes to the initially missed in Group 3 to be consistent the other contracts within Noridian's Jurisdiction.
- I80.251 - Phlebitis and thrombophlebitis of right calf muscular vein, and
- I80.252 - Phlebitis and thrombophlebitis of left calf muscular vein.
Visit the Noridian Medicare Coverage Articles webpage to view the complete listing of locally hosted coverage articles and/or access the Active, Future, or Retired articles available in the CMS MCD.
Last Updated Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:50:55 +0000