Podiatry - JF Part B
If provided by a physician (M.D.) or a Medicare-certified podiatrist (doctor of podiatric medicine, or DPM), medically necessary care for treatment of injury, disease, or other medical conditions affecting the foot, ankle, or lower leg is covered by Medicare Part B. Routine foot care that's not medically necessary is not covered.
Access the below podiatry related information from this page.
- Conditions that May Justify Foot Care Coverage
- Exclusions from Foot Care Coverage
- Foot Care for Patients with Chronic Disease
- Lower Extremity Wound Care
- Therapeutic Shoes for Persons with Diabetes: Decision-Making and Ordering
- CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-02, Medicare Benefit Policy Manual, Chapter 15, Section 290
Last Updated Fri, 13 Aug 2021 18:16:29 +0000