Chiropractic - JF Part B
Access the below chiropractic services related information from this page.
- Claim Submission Requirements
- Documentation Guidelines
- Excluded Chiropractic Services
- General Coverage and Subluxation
- Related Latest Updates Articles
A Beneficiary is responsibility for these services. A provider may bill patient without billing Medicare.
- Dietary advice/nutritional supplements
- Lab or other diagnostic tests
- Physical therapies (exercise, ultrasound, traction)
- Office visits
- Supplies (pillows or vitamins)
- Supportive (bracing, orthopedic)
- CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-01, Medicare General Information, Eligibility, and Entitlement, Chapter 5, Section 70.6 - Chiropractor by Definition
- CMS IOM, Publication 100-02, Medicare Benefit Policy Manual Chapter 15, Section 24.0 and 30.5 - Chiropractic Services - General and Chiropractic Coverage
- CMS IOM, Publication 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 12, Section 220 - Chiropractic Documentation Requirements
- CMS Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Matters Special Edition (SE)1101 - Chiropractic Services Policy Overview
- Title XVIII of the Social Security Act, Section 1862(a)(7)
- Title XVIII of the Social Security Act, Section 1862(a)(1)(A)
Last Updated Thu, 15 Apr 2021 13:42:43 +0000
The below are topic specific articles which have been published to "Latest Updates" and sent out in Noridian emails within the past two years. Exclusions to this include time sensitive related announcements such as: Noridian and CMS educational events, Ask-the-Contractor Teleconferences and claims processing downtime.