Chiropractic - JF Part B
Access the below chiropractic services related information from this page.
- Claim Submission Requirements
- Documentation Guidelines
- Excluded Chiropractic Services
- General Coverage and Subluxation
- Related Latest Updates Articles
A Beneficiary is responsible for these services. A provider may bill patient without billing Medicare.
- Dietary advice/nutritional supplements
- Lab or other diagnostic tests
- Physical therapies (exercise, ultrasound, traction)
- May bill for denial with GP GY modifiers appended to CPT 97xxx
- Office visits
- Supplies (pillows or vitamins)
- Supportive (bracing, orthopedic)
- CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-01, Medicare General Information, Eligibility, and Entitlement, Chapter 5, Section 70.6 - Chiropractor by Definition
- CMS IOM, Publication 100-02, Medicare Benefit Policy Manual Chapter 15, Section 30.5 and 240 - Chiropractic Services - General and Chiropractic Coverage
- CMS IOM, Publication 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 12, Section 220 - Chiropractic Documentation Requirements
- Title XVIII of the Social Security Act, Section 1862(a)(7)
- Title XVIII of the Social Security Act, Section 1862(a)(1)(A)
Last Updated Wed, 16 Mar 2022 16:29:45 +0000
The below are topic specific articles which have been published to "Latest Updates" and sent out in Noridian emails within the past two years. Exclusions to this include time sensitive related announcements such as: Noridian and CMS educational events, Ask-the-Contractor Teleconferences and claims processing downtime.