Cardiology - JF Part B
The CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-03, Medicare National Coverage Determinations Manual, Chapter 1, provides Cardiovascular System information. This includes topics such as:
- Vertebral Artery Surgery
- Extracranial - Intracranial (EC-IC) Arterial Bypass Surgery
- Thoracic Duct Drainage (TDD) in Renal Transplants
- Implantable Automatic Defibrillators
- Extracorporeal Immunoadsorption (ECI) Using Protein A Columns
- Transmyocardial Revascularization (TMR)
- Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty (PTA)
- Cardiac Pacemakers, Evaluation Services, Transtelephonic Monitoring, Self-Contained Pacemaker Monitors
- Artificial Hearts And Related Devices
Cardiovascular Disease Screening is one of the services Medicare covers to prevent disease, detect disease early when it is most treatable and curable, and manage disease so that complications can be avoided.
CMS released a national provider Comparative Billing Report (CBR) addressing Cardiology Services. For more information and to review a sample of the Cardiology Services CBR, visit the CBR Services website located at https://cbrpepper.org or call the SafeGuard Services' Provider Help Desk, CBR Support Team at 530-896-7080.
Access the below cardiology related information from this page.
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs
- Dual-Chamber Cardiac Pacemaker Insertion Billing
- Electrocardiographic Monitoring Services Billing
- CMS IOM, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Publication 100-04, Chapter 12, Section 30.6.10, Consultation Services
- CMS IOM, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Publication 100-04, Chapter 13, Section 100.1, X-rays and EKGs Furnished to Emergency Room Patients
- CMS Medicare Approved Facilities / Trials / Registries
- CMS Change Request (CR) 8330 - HCPCS G9157, Coding Changes to Ultrasound Diagnostic Procedures for Transesophageal Doppler Monitoring
- CR 7888 - HCPCS L9900, Q0507, Q0508, and Q0509
Last Updated Thu, 27 Oct 2022 14:54:30 +0000