Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS)
Although DME is covered by Medicare Part B, it is a different contract from Medicare Part B Fee-For-Service.
DME supplies medical equipment such as canes, crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, diabetic test strips and monitors, hospital beds, ostomy bags, surgical dressings and splints and prosthetics/orthotics.
Visit Your DME Website
- Jurisdiction A includes: CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH , NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, Washington DC
- Jurisdiction D includes: AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, IA, KS, MO, MT, NE, NV, ND, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY, Am.Samoa, Guam, N.Mariana Islands
|Homepage||Latest Updates||Contact Information||LCDs and Articles||Jurisdiction Lists|
- Power Mobility Devices (PMDs) – What a Prescribing Practitioner Needs to Know - Specific documentation requirements that must be met when ordering a PMD
- Pressure Reducing Support Surfaces (PRSS) - Group 1 - Requirements that must be obtained and/or documented in order for PRSS to be considered for coverage
- CMS DME Center
- CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 20
Last Updated Jan 20, 2017