Article Detail - JF Part B
Electronic Funds Transfer: Revised CMS-588
A new version of the CMS-588 Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for Medicare payments will be posted on the CMS website in February.
Noridian will be accepting either the current or revised versions of the CMS-588 EFT form through February 27, 2021. Starting February 28, 2021, Noridian will only accept the new, revised version and will be returning all older versions.
Below are updates made to the CMS-588 Electronic Funds Transfer Form:
- Moving the instructions to the first page
- Changing “Medicare fee-for-service contractor” to “Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC).
- Removing requests for irrelevant information: cancelation as a reason for submission, change of ownership or change of practice location, additional data fields for National Provider Identifiers (NPIs)
- Removing references to indirect payment procedures billers
- Adding two additional data fields for Medicare Identification Numbers (if issued) (one NPI can be linked to multiple Medicare Identification Numbers)
- Updating the link for MAC contacts
Last Updated Wed, 20 Jan 2021 16:14:32 +0000