Article Detail - JF Part B
Indirect Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility Updates
Due to healthcare having more technical resources at it’s disposal, the CMS has updated some indirect IDTF rules.
As a reminder, an IDTF is independent of BOTH an attending or consulting physician’s office AND a hospital.
Updated in CY 2022 in the Medicare Program Integrity Manual, Chapter 10 are the changes for an indirect IDTF.
- Diagnostic services via offsite computer modeling and analytics, or
- Other forms of testing that do not involve direct patient contact
Facilities that qualify are exempt from the following requirements:
- Comprehensive liability insurance
- Posting the standards outlined in 42 CFR 410.33(g)(9) for review publicly by patients
- Documentation of beneficiary’s complaint
To find out more read the Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility (IDTF) MLN Booklet
Last Updated Thu, 17 Nov 2022 21:39:30 +0000