MolDX: Oncotype DX Genomic Prostate Score Coding and Billing
The MolDX: Oncotype DX® Genomic Prostate Score Coding and Billing Article has been created and published for notice under contract numbers: 02102 (AK), 02202 (ID), 02302 (OR), 02402 (WA), 03102 (AZ), 03202 (MT), 03302 (ND), 03402 (SD), 03502 (UT) and 03602 (WY).
Summary of Article: The Oncotype DX® Genomic Prostate Score (Genomic Health®) is a covered test for use in very low risk, low risk, and favorable intermediate risk prostate cancer. The CPT code to bill for this service on or after 01/01/19 is 0047U. The article will also be linked to the Local Coverage Determination (LCD) L36368, MolDX: Genomic Health™ Oncotype DX® Prostate Cancer Assay.
- 0047U - Oncology (prostate), mRNA, gene expression profiling by real-time RT-PCR of 17 genes (12 content and 5 housekeeping), utilizing formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, algorithm reported as a risk score.
Effective Date: January 1, 2019
View the locally hosted MolDX Medicare Coverage Article.
- Go to Molecular Diagnostic Services (MolDX) webpage
- The End User Agreement for Providers will appear if you have not recently visited the website. Select "Accept" (if necessary)
- Locate and select above listed Medicare Coverage Article from "Covered Tests" or "Excluded Tests" webpage
View a complete list of Noridian coverage articles.
- Go to Noridian Medicare Coverage Articles webpage
- Scroll to bottom of page
- Select state/contract link of interest from applicable Active, Future, or Retired Articles column
- Link will redirect you to CMS MCD
- In CMS MCD, select corresponding article title to view a comprehensive revision history for this article
Last Updated Mar 14, 2019