Article Detail - JF Part B
MLN Connects Special Edition - November 4, 2019
Physician Fee Schedule and OPPS/ASC Final Rules Call - November 6
Wednesday, November 6 from 2:15 to 3:45 pm ET
Register for Medicare Learning Network events.
During this call, learn about the provisions in two CMS CY 2020 final rules:
- Physician Fee Schedule and Quality Payment Program: Final Rule, Press Release, Physician Fee Schedule Fact Sheet, and Quality Payment Program Fact Sheet
- Medicare Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) payment systems: Final Rule and Fact Sheet
Changes to the Physician Fee Schedule are aimed at reducing burden, recognizing clinicians for the time they spend taking care of patients, removing unnecessary measures, and making it easier for clinicians to be on the path towards value-based care. Topics include:
- Payment and supervision policy updates
- Merit-based Incentive Payment System Value Pathways: Streamlining the Quality Payment Program to reduce clinician burden
- Creating the new Opioid Treatment Program benefit in response to the opioid epidemic
In addition, updates and policy changes under the Medicare OPPS and ASC payment systems lay the foundation for a patient-driven health care system.
A question and answer session follows the presentation. We encourage you to review the final rules prior to the call.
Target Audience: Medicare Part B fee-for-service clinicians; office managers and administrators; state and national associations that represent health care providers; all hospitals operating in the United States; and other stakeholders.
Last Updated Mon, 04 Nov 2019 09:45:25 +0000