Medicare Ground Ambulance Data Collection System - JF Part B
Medicare Ground Ambulance Data Collection System
Effective January 1, 2020 and continuing through 2024, ground ambulance providers and suppliers that have been selected to participate in the Medicare Ground Ambulance Data Collection System (GADCS) must collect information on cost, utilization, revenue, and other service characteristics in accordance with the Medicare Ground Ambulance Data Collection Instrument for a continuous 12-month period. The information collected will be used to evaluate the extent to which reported costs relate to payment rates under the Medicare Part B Ambulance Fee Schedule (AFS), as well as to collect information on the utilization of capital equipment and ambulance capacity, and the different types of ground ambulance services furnished in different geographic locations, including rural areas and low population density areas (super rural areas).
For a list of supplemental documents, webinars, and other resources, see CMS's Ambulances Services Center website.
Many of the questions were recently updated as of July 19, 2021. Listed below is one of the many updated questions.
Question: Where and how does my organization report information? [Updated 7/19/2021]
Answer: No information will be reported until 2023. As we stated in the CY 2020 Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule (84 FR 62867), a secure web-based data collection system will be available before the start of your data reporting period to allow time for users to register, receive their secure login information, and receive training from CMS on how to use the system. CMS will provide separate instructions on how to access the online Ground Ambulance Data Collection System. You can view a printable version of the Medicare Ground Ambulance Data Collection Instrument for the data collection requirements.
Email AmbulanceDataCollection@cms.hhs.gov for ground ambulance data collection inquiries.
Email AmbulanceODF@cms.hhs.gov for other ambulance inquiries.
- Medicare Ground Ambulance Data Collection System | CMS
- Medicare Ground Ambulance Data Collection System: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | CMS
- Medicare GADCS User Guide that walks you through the portal.
- Ground ambulance organizations required to collect data starting in 2023 (Year 3 (ZIP)) and report data starting in 2024 (Year 4 (ZIP))
- GADCS Section 8 (Facilities Costs) Import Template and Instructions
- GADCS Section 9 (Vehicle Costs) Import Template and Instructions
- Hardship Exemption Request Form (submit through the portal)
- Ground Ambulance Industry Trends, 2017-2020 Report: Analysis of Medicare Fee-for-Service Claims
- CMS Ambulance Events (upcoming events, prior webinar presentations, and event recordings)
Last Updated Thu, 01 Dec 2022 14:37:47 +0000