Invalid Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) - JF Part B
Invalid Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI)
Claim/service lacks information or has submission/billing error(s). Usage: Refer to the 835 Healthcare Policy Identification Segment (loop 2110 Service
|N382||Missing/incomplete/invalid patient identifier.|
|N704||Alert: You may not appeal this decision but can resubmit this claim/service with corrected information if warranted.|
Common Reasons for Message
- Patient Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) number is invalid or was not submitted.
- Verify that the following information is exactly as indicated on their Medicare card.
- Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) number
- First and last name (in proper order)
Claim Submission Tips
- Obtain patient's Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) number directly from their most current Medicare card
- Keep a copy on file
- If patient sees a problem or has an error on his/her Medicare card, they must contact Social Security Administration (SSA) at 800-772-1213 to make necessary correction(s)
Last Updated Tue, 20 Jul 2021 20:50:59 +0000