Invalid Patient Name - JF Part B
Invalid Patient Name
|CO-16||Claim/service lacks information or has submission/billing error(s). Usage: Refer to the 835 Healthcare Policy Identification Segment (loop 2110 Service|
|MA36||Missing/incomplete/invalid patient name.|
|N704||Alert: You may not appeal this decision but can resubmit this claim/service with corrected information if warranted.|
Common Reasons for Message
- Patient name is missing or does not match the name on their Medicare Card.
- Verify that the following information is exactly as indicated on their Medicare card.
- Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) number
- First and last name (in proper order)
- If patient has two last names or hyphenated last name, submit name with a space or hyphen
Claim Submission Tips
- Obtain patient's full name and Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) number directly from their most current Medicare card
- Keep a copy on file
- If patient sees a problem or has an error on his/her Medicare card, they must contact Social Security Administration (SSA) at 800-772-1213 to make necessary correction(s)
Last Updated Wed, 02 Nov 2022 19:09:29 +0000