Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center (BCRC), NGHP
The Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center's (BCRC's) responsibility is to protect the Medicare trust fund by recovering payments Medicare made when another entity had primary payment responsibility. The BCRC identifies and recovers Medicare payments that should have been paid by another entity as the primary payer either under a Group Health Plan or as part of a Non-Group Health Plan claim which includes, but is not limited to Liability Insurance, No-Fault Insurance, and Workers' Compensation.
BCRC Customer Service Representatives are available to assist callers M-F 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET, except holidays, at toll-free lines: 1-855-798-2627 (TTY/TDD: 1-855-797-2627 for the hearing and speech impaired).
BCRC - NGHP
PO Box 138832
Oklahoma City OK 73113-8832
Contact the BCRC regarding any of the following:
- To obtain conditional payment amounts;
- To obtain Medicare's final recovery claim amount;
- To ask questions regarding MSP recovery demand letters;
- To ask questions with respect to a "Notice of Intent to Refer Debt to the Department of Treasury" letter;
- To ask questions regarding repaying Medicare;
- To requests a waiver of recovery with respect to a beneficiary MSP debt. (Note: A waiver of recovery request cannot be accepted or processed until a recovery demand letter is issued.);
- To request a first level appeal with respect to the determination contained in a beneficiary MSP recovery demand letter or a determination made on a waiver of recovery request from a beneficiary.
The BCRC does not:
- Process claims;
- Collect or manage information about beneficiaries' other coverage;
- Perform MSP recovery functions for debtors who are providers or suppliers; or
- Handle general Medicare inquiries or enroll individuals in the Medicare program.
Last Updated Nov 20, 2018