CID Status Lookup - Portal Guide
CID Status Lookup
The Claim Identifier (CID) Status Lookup allows access to inquire on the outcomes of CERT Claims. A CID may be used to find a specific claim, or a listing of all CERT claims can be found by the provider/supplier details.
- Select Claim Status Inquiry from main menu and then the CERT Inquiry tab.
- Choose TIN, NPI, PTAN and Program under Provider/Supplier Details
- A CID may be entered to find a specific claim, but is not required
A listing of the claims that meet the search criteria is displayed.
The results will show the following:
|Unique Claim Identifier Number assigned to each CERT claim
|Initial Docs Received
|Date CERT received first set of documentation
|DATE CERT received documentation after ADR was sent
|CERT Review Date
|Date CER Contractor reviewed the claim
|CERT Review Status
|Status of claim in the review process
|Claim in Error
|Yes or No - Indicates if the claim has been found to have been initially processed by the MAC
|The category of error on the claim
|Error Code Description
|Description explaining the error category
Choose "View Details" to view additional claim information.
Additional details of the claim are provided.
- Line - The line number as it was listed and billed on the CMS-1500 claim form
- CPT/HCPCS - The code billed on the claim line of the CMS-1500 claim form
- Reviewer Comments - CERT Contractor's denial comment for the line under review