MBI Lookup Inquiry - Portal Guide
Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) Lookup Inquiry
Available For: Part A, Part B, DME
This tool is an option for providers/suppliers to use if they are not able to obtain the MBI number from the patient.
- Go to Eligibility from the main menu, then choose the MBI Lookup Inquiry
- Enter the required Beneficiary Details fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Enter the "I am not a robot" text (Only needed once for every 5 transactions)
|Tip||The SSN may be different than the HICN if the patient receives benefits under a spouse or family member.|
The MBI number will display under the MBI Lookup Details along with the beneficiary information entered for the inquiry.
- If the patient information is not accurate, a message indicating the MBI details could not be located will be displayed.