- Ordering External Breast Prosthesis and Related Mastectomy Supplies - 10/18/18
- Glucose Monitors and Diabetic Testing Supplies - Collaborative Webinar for Physicians - 12/04/18 - 10 a.m. CT
- Glucose Monitors and Diabetic Testing Supplies - Collaborative Webinar for Physicians - 12/04/18 - 3 p.m. CT
Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS)
To help providers and suppliers gain a better understanding of the roles of billing, coverage, documentation requirements, and medical necessity when providing DMEPOS to Medicare beneficiaries, there are 57 DMEPOS Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs). Clinicians may also access such DME resources, and more, from the DME "Clinician's Corner." Visit your DME website, related links below.
Prior to dispensing any DMEPOS item, suppliers are expected to conduct a thorough intake and assessment to determine if the beneficiary qualifies for the item. There must be an open line of communication between the supplier and the ordering practitioner. Suppliers are trained on coverage criteria for equipment; however, the documentation to support such criteria must be present in the patient's medical record and cannot come from the supplier.
- Jurisdiction A (JA) includes: CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH , NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, Washington DC
- Jurisdiction D (JD) includes: AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, IA, KS, MO, MT, NE, NV, ND, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY, Am.Samoa, Guam, N.Mariana Islands
|Homepage||Clinician's Corner||Contact Information||Jurisdiction Lists||LCDs and Articles||Latest Updates|
Last Updated Aug 23, 2018